Hi, my name is Huseyin Muhammed Ozyilmaz and I am a Software Development Manager at Wood plc.
My current work includes leading both development and test teams as well as managing the development of Enterprise and Desktop applications.
My Current Responsibilities are:
- Providing leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead both software development and test teams, supporting them in building industry leading, robust and innovative applications.
- Developing and implementing strategies for teams to meet the company’s goals and objectives, and to improve the quality of the services it delivers internally and externally.
- Managing software development and processes, including team planning, strategic direction and technical leadership.
- Providing technical support, and direction to teams and team leaders.
- Overseeing performance of individual team members and team as a whole. Identifying and addressing staff training and development needs.
- Driving Software Development with latest proven technologies, practices (Continuous Integration) and methodologies (Agile).
- Creating a culture of promoting new ideas and knowledge share, instigating cross team ideas and initiatives.
Before I became a development manager, I designed and developed both Commercial Web Applications (J2EE) and Desktop Applications (.NET). This involved working with clients all around the world including Europe, Kazakhstan, Middle East, and USA. I liaised with petroleum and corrosion engineers to learn about well integrity issues, gathered and analysed software requirements and developed those ideas and requirements into software products. As part of my development responsibilities, I created detailed systems analysis to estimate and plan system changes, demonstrated any potential impacts on existing system functionality, data models, internal and external interfaces.
Worked as both Java and .NET developer, I have had the opportunity to work with wide range of technologies including Java, C#, MVC frameworks, relational and document databases, front-end technologies, testing frameworks, web services, design patterns and various development tools.
I studied at the University of Manchester, where I gained a 1st Class BA Hons in Software Engineering followed by a Masters degree in Information Systems, Organisations and Management at Manchester Business School.